"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed."

-Albert Einstein, physicist, Nobel laureate (1879-1955)

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Cruz and Philosophy

Mr. Cruz's talk yesterday was interesting.  I would have been interested to hear more philosophical questions though.  Did he ponder the nature of reality on his trip or was he only thinking about what he was.  I think that to be able to get to that question many others have to be asked first.  For example if this is only a Matrix it may tell me what I am in this world but I have no idea what I am in the real world.

1 comment:

  1. I really wanted to ask him: if what I am is the Sartrean idea of "connections," rather than my individual, isolated self, then doesn't that make my identity somewhat out of my control? That might be an uncomfortable consequence.

    ReplyDelete