"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed."

-Albert Einstein, physicist, Nobel laureate (1879-1955)

Monday, August 31, 2009

Welcome!

To all the MG students taking my Intro to Philosophy course this fall: welcome! As you can see, I've been blogging here all summer; hopefully you'll spend some time browsing my posts and find something that catches your interest.

Before you get started, though. The first thing you should do is follow the 'Intro / Read Me' link (to the right). This will take you to the very first post on the blog, which will give you a short overview of my expectations for your participation in the online life of the course. Once you've read it, you'll be prepared for what follows. I expect you to have questions: after all, questions are what philosophy is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment