"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed."

-Albert Einstein, physicist, Nobel laureate (1879-1955)

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Risk

1.) I think that the most important HSS feature is some one who seeks risk to fulfill a need (dopamine, thrill, etc.) that most people can get without scaling a mountain. They have to go above what normally satisfies people to get the same feeling.

2.) I think that risk takers might dislike the scientific explanations because it may seem to sterilize and minimize the experience. People who take risks probably have their own conscious reasons, putting it in terms or brain chemistry takes the emotion out of it and makes it clinical. I might also resent some scientist telling me why I did something, especially if the scientists weren't adrenaline junkies themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment